Commercial Vehicle Information Systems & Networks (CVISN)
EMAIL - [email protected]
Phone - 1-800-543-4564
- CVISN is a nationwide program managed by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) designed to:
- Improve safety and productivity of motor carriers, commercial vehicles and their drivers
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of commercial vehicle safety programs through targeted enforcement
- Improve commercial vehicle data sharing within states and between states and FMCSA
- Reduce Federal/State and industry regulatory and administrative costs
The program shall advance the technological capability and promote the deployment of intelligent transportation system applications for commercial vehicle operations, including commercial vehicle, commercial driver, and carrier-specific information systems and networks.
PrePass- PrePass is a weigh station bypass system – info, enrollment, and online payments The CVISN program is coordinating the nationwide deployment of specific new capabilities in three areas: 1) Safety Information Exchange; 2) Credentials Administration; 3) Electronic Screening.