PROJECT DEVELOPMENT SUB-COMMITTEE:
Co-chairs: Dan Cheng, Kirk McClelland
Members: Joe Makar, Fred Wagner
Goal: Projects must be submitted on time, within budget, with no field changes, and promoting innovative solutions to improve the overall highway system
Objective: Promote Continuing Education in the Highway Industry
- Develop educational program for TBTP details for MdQI conference by November 9, 2000. COMPLETE
- Develop educational program for Design/Build for MdQI conference by November 9, 2000. COMPLETE
- Develop educational program for MDE requirements for MdQI conference by November 9, 2000. COMPLETE
- Organize a separate 4-5 hour conference on innovative Highway Development, sponsored by MdQI/SHA, with endorsements by industry organizations (i.e., ASCE, CEC, and potentially ITE) by February, 2001.
Objective: Promote the Sharing of Information for Pre-Construction
- Write two articles for the MdQI newsletter by November 9, 2000. COMPLETE
- Promote the use of movable barriers on SHA projects for MOT.
- Disseminate guidelines recently completed.
HIGHWAY OPERATIONS SUB-COMMITTEE:
Co-chairs: Bob Harrison, Kevin Kreis
Members: Mark Flack, Woody Hood, Roger Howell, Dave Peake, Mike Potter, Dave Ramsey, Wayne Styles
Goal: Improve relationships and communication between SHA and industry to maximize benefits.
Objective: To develop and distribute a survey to measure the level of satisfaction of our MdQI partners. This would include an initial and follow up survey.
Strategy: Provide support and resources to teams by:
- Monitoring and reporting on activities of existing and future teams assigned to the sub-committee.
- Providing a clearing house for assigning issues that are generated and assigned to the appropriated team.
- Being supportive of other team efforts.
- Establishing active participation.
- Identify Teams - 3/1/01
- Develop Reporting Criteria - 4/1/01
- Solicit Additional Team Members - 4/1/01
- Initial Draft Ratings - 5/1/01
- Final Draft Rating - 12/31/01
Key Performance Measure:
ie, number of teams, "customer service rating", etc.
PUBLIC RELATIONS SUB-COMMITTEE:
Co-chairs: Douglas Rose, Bob Long
Members: Fran Ward, Barb Yeager
Goal: To promote awareness of the Maryland Quality Initiative (MdQI) to the Highway and general public.
Objective: To publicize and market the efforts of the MdQI Steering Committee and Sub-Committees on an ongoing basis
Strategy #1: To work with Office of Communications to develop an effective marketing strategy
- Identify all appropriate news and magazine media contacts.
- Work with MHCA, MAA and NEACPA to coordinate industry news events on a quarterly basis.
- Work with CEC to coordinate engineering news events on a quarterly basis.
Strategy #2: Continue on an ongoing basis to update the MdQI web page, to publish the MdQI Newsletter, and Conference Summary Brochure.
- Update MdQI web page monthly.
- Publish two issues of Partners in Quality Newsletter each year.
- Publish and distribute MdQI Conference proceedings to all conference attendees within four months after the conference.