Maryland Highway Traffic Trends is a summary of the traffic volume data collected by the Highway Information Services Division (HISD) of the Office of Planning and Preliminary Engineering (OPPE). These are permanent, continuous counting Automatic Traffic Recording (ATR) stations throughout Maryland and seven continuously operating toll facilities for calendar year 2007. HISD tabulated the data from these stations and published this report.
The purposes of this report are:
- To present the Annual Average Daily Traffic (AADT) and the hourly, daily, monthly and seasonal fluctuations in traffic volumes at the individual stations; and
- Provide factors from individual stations and ATR groups having similar characteristics that can be used to expand short term (typically 6, 12, 13, 24 or 48 hour) counts to AADT's.
The station groupings are included in this document for 2007
For the 2007 Traffic Trends, the stations were grouped based on functional classification and an additional summer seasonal group to reflect recreational traffic patterns during the summer months. The categories are rural interstate, rural other (including other rural arterials, and rural collectors), urban interstate, urban others (including urban other freeways and expressways and other urban arterial systems) and summer seasonal (stations that display high traffic patterns during the summer season).
The ATR station groups are as follows:
- Group 1 - Rural Interstate
- Group 2 - Rural Other
- Group 3 - Urban Interstate
- Group 4 - Urban Other
- Group 5 - Summer Seasonal
P0072 - IS 795 NB South of Mt. Wilson Rd (collecting Northbound Data)
P0073 - IS 795 SB South of Mt. Wilson Rd (collecting Southbound Data)
Starting in 2006, these stations are now combined under P0072 so that the data for both directions can be reported as all other ATRs.