Your Land and Your Highway
The State Highway Administration's (SHA) Office fo Real Estate (ORE) has prepared this booklet as your guide to the right-of-way process.  Inside you will find information about your rights as a private property owner, as well as an explanation of the procedures used by SHA to purchase land and buildings for public project.

The information in this booklet is general in nature.  There are many rules and regulations mandated by State and Federal laws which are too lengthy or detailed to include.  You should direct any specific questions that you may have to your right-of-way negotiator or relocation assistance counselor.


Your Land and Your Highway (PDF, 323kb)