The Maryland Roadside Tree Law
.05 Issuance of Roadside Tree Care Permits
F. Roadside tree care permits shall specify:
(1) The name and address of the permittee;
(2) The area where the tree care will occur;
(3) The particular tree or trees involved;
(4) The type of tree care permitted;
(5) The term of the permit;
(6) Whether supervision of the tree care is required; and
(7) Limitations or conditions on the tree care or planting considered advisable by the Forest Service.
G. Except for a tree care permit issued to a government agency for which tree care is provided under the supervision of a roadside tree care expert, the Forest Service shall provide supervision of a tree care permit.
H. If the Forest Service denies a permit, the Forest Service shall notify the applicant of the reasons for denial within 1 0 days of receipt of the application for the permit.
I. The Forest Service may:
(1) Modify the terms and conditions of a permit in accordance with provisions and objectives of the roadside tree care laws and regulations; or
(2) Suspend or cancel a permit for a violation of a:
(a) Condition of the permit, or
(b) Provision of Natural Resources Article, 5-401 et seq., Annotated Code of Maryland or implementing regulation.
J. Request for Hearing
(1) A person whose request for a roadside tree care permit is denied or whose roadside tree care permit is suspended or revoked, has the right to be heard regarding the denial or suspension or revocation of the permit, after submitting a request in writing not later than 10 days after the date on which the denial or suspension or revocation notice is served.
(2) The Director shall schedule a hearing within 10 days from receipt of a request and render a decision within 10 days from the date of the hearing.
A. Fees for roadside tree care permits are calculated according to the following schedule:
(1) If Forest Service supervision of the proposed tree care is required for a permit under Regulation .04A(2), the fee for that supervision, including permit examination, is:
(a) $2,500 per year per tree care crew, or
(b) $250 per month per tree care crew.
(2) The fee for the on-site examination before the issuance of a tree care permit under Regulation .04A(l) is $25;
(3) No fee is required for a tree care permit issued to an applicant that is a government agency.
B. If a permit request is denied, a fee is not required.
C. Billing for tree care crews is made either annually or quarterly, at the option of the tree care crew.