The following documents and a training course describe the Context Sensitive Design/Thinking Beyond the Pavement activities that the Maryland Department of Transportation's State Highway Administration (MSHA) has undertaken since the 1998 Thinking Beyond the Pavement (TBTP) national workshop. Additionally, numerous policies and several training courses are being developed to better implement CSD principles throughout Maryland's project development process.
Please contact the TBTP program coordinator if you would like to receive any of the following.
- Summary brochure from the national Thinking Beyond the Pavement workshop (May 1998).
- Summary of the project review charettes (spring 1999).
- Introduction to Context Sensitive Design (half-day course for design professionals; PowerPoint slides available upon request).
- Informational brochure on MSHA's TBTP initiative.
- Organizational chart of the teams working on MSHA's TBTP initiative.
- Report on MSHA's TBTP Implementation Workshop (November 1999) and subsequent implementation team activities.