Click here to return to the homepage. Maryland Department of Transportation
Maryland Crown Logo Image of Governor Martin O' Malley and Lt. Governor Anthony G. Brown
 Contact Us Maryland Department of Transportation
State Highway Administration
Frequently Asked Questions
Of the Office of Communications

Other Important Numbers:
Baltimore City Information/Switchboard: 410-396-5198
Washington DC Road Conditions: 202-673-6630
Pennsylvania Road Conditions: 800-331-3414
Virginia Department of Transportation: 703-383-VDOT (8368)

How can I find out if there is a future State highway project in my community?
Contact SHA's Office of Planning and Preliminary Engineering (OPPE) at 410-545-0411 or the Project Planning Division toll free at 800-548-5026.

How do I file a claim? My car was damaged by SHA vehicle/equipment.
Call the State Treasurer's Office in Annapolis at 410-260-7684 to have a claim form sent to you in the mail.

Where are the vehicle weigh stations and when are they open?
Please call the Maryland State Police (MSP) for information on vehicle weigh stations. MSP Phone Number: 410-653-4239

I saw a dead animal on a State highway. Who can I call to have it removed?
Please call one of our SHA District Offices (see phone number list above.)

How do you get information on traffic volumes for a State highway?
Please call The Highway Information Services Division at 410-545-5523 for information on traffic volumes.

previous graphic
MDOT Home FAQ's Information Site Map Privacy Policy Contact Us Copyright & Disclaimers Help File Viewers
Revised: January 10, 2003