Welcome to the Office of Bridge Development's Recognition Hall
In this area you will find a list of all of the Office of Bridge Development's award winning bridges. Included will be selected photographs of some of our latest award winners.
14. The Chester River Bridge on Maryland 213 over the Chester River in Kent County, Maryland was presented with the award for Excellence in Architectural and Engineering Design using Precast and Prestressed Concrete from the Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute in 1991.
15. The Nanticoke River Bridge on US Route 50/301 over the Nanticoke River in Dorchester County, Maryland was presented with the 1991 award from the Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute for Creative Design Utilizing Precast and Prestressed Concrete and was given the Outstanding Civil Engineering Award from the American Society of Civil Engineers - 1990.
16. The bridge on Ramp ‘C' over I-95 and Cobb Road in Prince George's County, Maryland was presented the 1991 Elevated Structure of Excellence Award from the Iron Workers Employers Association of Washington DC.
17. The North Central Trail Bridge carrying Maryland Route 45 over the Department of Natural Resources Trail in Baltimore County, Maryland was awarded an Honorable Mention in the 1991 Short Span Bridge Program by the Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation.
18. The bridges on US Route 50/301 and Interstate 97 outside of Annapolis, Maryland in Anne Arundel County, Maryland were awarded the 1991 Masonry Institute Shield of Masonry presented by the Brick Masonry Institute.
19. The US Route 1 Bridge over the Gunpowder Falls in Baltimore County, Maryland was presented with two awards in 1993: the Outstanding Civil Engineering Award from the American Society of Civil Engineers, and the award for Outstanding Engineering Achievement from the Maryland Society of Professional Engineers.