T h e P r o j e c t
Phase I: US 15/ US 340 Interchange
This phase provided the missing movements at US 15 and US 340.
Phase IA: I-70 / I-270 Interchange
The proposed scope of work includes the construction of two missing movements. The total length of ramp and roadway construction is 5.72 miles. The work will consist of the following:
- Construction of two missing movements:
- I-70 westbound to I-270 southbound and
- I-270 northbound to I-70 eastbound.
- Addition of a third through lane on I-70 east and westbound.
- Dualization of two existing ramps:
- US 15/40 southbound to I-70 eastbound and
- I-70 westbound to us 15/40 northbound.
- Construction of five new bridges and widening and/ or redecking of four bridges.
- Drainage improvements, signing, lighting and pavement marking.
Phase IIA: MD 355 Interchange
This phase will include one new I-70 interchange and improvements to local traffic patterns.Click to views some of Phase IIA Photos.
- proposed construction of ramps from eastbound I-70 to MD 355
- reconstruction of MD 85 at MD 355 intersection
- Widening of MD 355 from south of I-70 for approximately 2500 linear feet.
- ADA compliance
- drainage improvements
- signal reconstruction
Phase II: Walser Drive
- Construction of Walser Drive from South Street to MD 355
- Construction of an urban diamond interchange including new structure over I-70 and exit/ entrance ramps from I-70 westbound to Walser Drive
- Reconstruction of the exit and entrance ramps from I-70 eastbound to Reich's Ford Road
- Reconstruction of the I-70 bridges over Reich's Ford Road;
- Widening of I-70 eastbound and westbound from east of MD 355 to east of MD 144
- Construction of new on-ramp from MD 144 to I-70 westbound and roundabout
Phase 2 Renderings
Phase III: MD 355over I-70
- Construction of a new MD 355 structure over I-70
- Widening of MD 355 from north of Walser Drive to the new structure
I-70 Phase IV
- Widening of I-70 westbound from Mt. Phillip Road to west of US 40.