Programs & Regulations
On the Road
Maps & Brochures
On the Road
Hauling Permit Applications
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Application for Hauling Permit - A form to obtain permission to move oversize/overweight vehicles loads; single one-way trip valid for a 5 day period.
- Application for Blanket Permit - A form to obtain permission to move oversize/overweight vehicles loads valid for 30 days or 1 year.
- Application for Continuous Travel Permit - A form to obtain permission to move legal size vehicles that are overweight on their axles; 7 days a week 24 hours a day; valid for 1 year.
- Application for Book Permit - The form to obtain a book of 10 permits to move oversize/overweight vehicle loads, that must have a validation number issued by the Hauling Permit Unit before permission to move is granted. Permits are for single one-way trips valid for 3 days. Hauling Permits Unit 1-800-543-4564.
- Application for Milk Tank Vehicle Permit - A form to obtain permission to carry excessive weight of Milk Products. Limited to specific model vehicles.
- Application for Containerized Cargo Permit - A form to obtain permission to move seagoing containerized cargo to or from the Port of Baltimore for a period of 1 year.
Maryland Department of Transportation Home
SHA Home Contact SHA Sitemap FAQ